Nantucket Island. Beautiful shores. Cobblestone streets. Charming boutiques, galleries, and restaurants. For visitors, it offers a delightful vacation. For retailers, a dream come true.
Located off the coast of Massachusetts, Nantucket has welcomed generations of affluent visitors and residents. Its world-class shops, restaurants, hotels, and seaside beauty have made Nantucket one of the most popular resort destinations for upscale vacationers from around the globe. For many, the island’s events and celebrations are an annual must-see.
For retailers, April’s Daffodil Festival starts a busy nine-month selling season that culminates with the hugely popular Christmas Stroll – a year-end shopping spree. Nantucket merchants realize annual sales that rival resort areas such as Palm Beach, Newport, and Aspen.
New England Development’s portfolio includes 100 of the best retail locations found on Nantucket’s most popular shopping streets: Main, Centre, Federal, South Beach, and South Water Streets. Charming retail sites, surrounded by luxury yachts are also available on Old South Wharf and Straight Wharf. These premier locations provide retailers with an exceptional leasing opportunity in a unique and exclusive environment that can only be found on Nantucket Island.
By the numbers
- Nantucket has one of the nation’s highest per capita personal incomes.
- The island’s summer population swells to 56,000.
- Hundreds of thousands of ferry passengers travel annually to Nantucket and disembark steps away from these premier retail locations.
- Nantucket airport is the second busiest airport in Massachusetts.
- National Geographic: Best Island in the World
- Travel + Leisure: One of the Top Islands in the World
- Condé Nast Traveler: Top 10 Best Islands in U.S.