New England Development is one of Newburyport’s leading property owners, with more than 50 prime retail/office locations plus residential units throughout downtown Newburyport. Located about 35 miles north of Boston, Newburyport has a classic New England town center with irresistible shops, galleries and restaurants.
New England Development’s properties, which also include the Newburyport Marinas, are part of Newburyport’s vibrant waterside setting offering some of New England’s best dining, shopping, fishing, and boating. The city’s 250-year history as a thriving seaport, sweeping ocean views from Waterfront Park, and dazzling historic mansions, make Newburyport a premier hub for shopping and dining.
Newburyport combines a thriving tourist trade with a strong commercial and industrial presence. Visitors journey from miles away to visit both downtown Newburyport and the Parker Wildlife Refuge—among the best bird sanctuaries in the world. The downtown area bustles with activity day and night due to the presence of retail, office, and residential uses.
- Newburyport average household income tops $140,000.
- Trade area includes more than 1.2 million residents.
- Newburyport Industrial Park houses 70 businesses, employs over 3,000 people, and boasts a payroll in excess of $95 million.
- 43% of Newburyport homes valued over $500,000.
- More than 500,000 visitors annually add to the strong, year-round customer base.
- Newburyport is home to some of the best beaches in Massachusetts which draw thousands of visitors annually.
- Numerous Newburyport marinas with more than 1,500 slips draw yachts and boaters from around the globe.
- Downtown Newburyport draws visitors year-round to its restaurants and shops.
- Massachusetts Audubon’s wildlife sanctuary, Joppa Flats Education Center, Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, and the Plum Island Estuary attract more than 500,000 visitors every year.
- Newburyport Marinas named Boater's Choice Marina, Marinas.com, 2017
- Best Places to Shop on Black Friday, msn.com, 2017
- 25 Best Places to Visit in Massachusetts, VacationIdea.com, 2017
- Best of the North Shore, Newburyport Marinas, BONS Award 2015
- Best Places to Live for Empty Nesters, Boston Magazine, 2014
- Top 25 Places to Live in Massachusetts, Boston.com, 2014
Location and Access
- Close proximity and walking distance to office and residential space.
- Excellent local and regional access provided by Routes 1 and 1A, Interstates 95 & 495, and by swift commuter rail service to and from Boston.
- Boston Logan International Airport is located 35 miles and an estimated 48 minutes away.
- Manchester Regional Airport is located 50 miles north and an estimated 58 minutes away.
- Some of Massachusetts’ best beaches draw thousands of visitors to the area annually.
|2017||15 miles||20 miles||25 miles|
|Average Household Income||$124,370||$115,624||$113,305|