Newburyport is a classic New England town center with irresistible shops, galleries and restaurants. Historic Federalist and Georgian red brick buildings, waterfront walkways and salt air make this city a captivating destination for residents and visitors alike. For retailers, Newburyport’s many festivals fill the town with customers year-round, from the seasonal Art Walks and the summer Yankee Homecoming, to the annual shopping Invitation Nights in December and everything in between.
New England Development owns more than 50 prime retail locations throughout downtown Newburyport, offering retailers exceptional opportunities to help create one of the best shopping offerings in the region.
Located 35 miles north of Boston, Newburyport is a desirable suburb served by the commuter rail line. The city's 250-year history as a thriving seaport with sweeping ocean views from Waterfront Park, and dazzling historic mansions make Newburyport a premier hub for shopping and dining. A visionary urban renewal in the 1970’s turned this picturesque city into a popular attraction, drawing upscale, local and regional residents and world travelers alike. We invite you to explore the exceptional retail opportunities in this vibrant locale that can only be Newburyport.
- Newburyport average household income tops $140,000.
- Trade area includes more than 1.2 million residents.
- Newburyport Industrial Park houses 70 businesses, employs over 3,000 people, and boasts a payroll in excess of $95 million.
- 43% of Newburyport homes valued over $500,000.
- More than 500,000 visitors annually add to the strong, year-round customer base.
- Newburyport is home to some of the best beaches in Massachusetts which draw thousands of visitors annually.
- Numerous Newburyport marinas with more than 1,500 slips draw yachts and boaters from around the globe.
- Downtown Newburyport draws visitors year-round to its restaurants and shops.
- Massachusetts Audubon’s wildlife sanctuary, Joppa Flats Education Center, Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, and the Plum Island Estuary attract more than 500,000 visitors every year.
- Newburyport Marinas named Boater's Choice Marina, Marinas.com, 2017
- Best Places to Shop on Black Friday, msn.com, 2017
- 25 Best Places to Visit in Massachusetts, VacationIdea.com, 2017
- Best of the North Shore, Newburyport Marinas, BONS Award 2015
- Best Places to Live for Empty Nesters, Boston Magazine, 2014
- Top 25 Places to Live in Massachusetts, Boston.com, 2014
Location and Access
- Close proximity and walking distance to office and residential space.
- Excellent local and regional access provided by Routes 1 and 1A, Interstates 95 & 495, and by swift commuter rail service to and from Boston.
- Boston Logan International Airport is located 35 miles and an estimated 48 minutes away.
- Manchester Regional Airport is located 50 miles north and an estimated 58 minutes away.
- Some of Massachusetts’ best beaches draw thousands of visitors to the area annually.
|2016||15 miles||20 miles||25 miles|
|Average Household Income||$112,207||$104,795||$103,253|