(April 3, 2015 - Airport Revenue News)
The Quest for the Best Awards Brunch honoring Food & Shops service providers at LaGuardia (LGA) included honoring nine operators for service excellence throughout the year, MarketPlace Development officials say.
The awards brunch is the culmination of an annual incentive program aimed at recognizing excellent service and raising standards for Food & Shops operators.
• Best Overall – Duty Free Americas
• Best Food – Five Guys
• Best Retail – Hudson News (Hudson Group)
• First Runner Up, Food – Angelina’s Panini Bar (Mar Air Foods)
• First Runner Up, Retail – Duty Free Americas
• Most Improved, Food – Metro Burger Bar (OTG Management)
• Most Improved, Retail – Hudson Booksellers (Hudson Group)
• Service Spirit Award – Au Bon Pain
• Best New Concept – The Centurion Lounge by Amex
Paul McGinn, president of MarketPlace; Lysa Scully, general manager of LGA; and Susan Bush, senior manager of concessions for the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, were among the dignitaries on hand for the event. As the top winner, Duty Free Americas was awarded a $1,000 cash prize.
“We congratulate Duty Free Americas and all of the winners on this achievement,” says Lillian Tan, vice president and general manager of MarketPlace, which develops and manages the concessions program. “These exceptional winners have differentiated themselves by consistently providing first-class service and going that extra mile for the traveling public.”
Click here to read the article.