CHARLESTOWN, MA (March 29, 2021) -- Sport Clips Haircuts, the nation’s largest franchise dedicated to men’s and boys’ hair care, will open Monday, April 5 in Charlestown at Bunker Hill Mall shopping center at 5 Austin Street, Boston, MA. “Sport Clips offers our clients the expertise of well-trained stylists in a fun and clean environment where they can enjoy watching sports on TV during their haircut. The health and safety of clients and stylists are at the forefront of our grand opening process, and we look forward to introducing clients to our services and distinctive experience,” said Yurona Pillay, owner of the new Sport Clips. “Our team members are following state and local opening and protective guidelines and are committed to providing a Championship Haircut Experience for clients in and around the Charlestown area.” This new locally-owned business is the latest of the franchise’s more than 1,800 locations across the U.S. and Canada.
The new Sport Clips will offer:
- “Sport Clips Clean Certified” stylists who have completed course work and are practicing enhanced sanitation guidelines.
- Stylists wearing masks, and disposable masks are available for clients upon request.
- Haircut services, including the “MVP Experience” that features a precision haircut, massaging shampoo, hot steamed towel, and neck and shoulder treatment.
- Sport Clips stylists who specialize in hair care for men and boys and stay up-to-date on trends.
- Large, flat-screen televisions playing sports programming at each haircut station and in the lobby.
- Online Check In is the best way to schedule service with an estimated wait time. It's easy to use Online Check In on our website, download the app for iOS or Android or use your smart speaker or display.
- Contactless payment through Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
Sport Clips in Charlestown will also provide free “MVP upgrades” to all first-time clients who purchase a haircut service. As part of our enhanced cleaning, disinfection and sanitation procedures, clients will be asked to remove their own cape when their haircut is complete as well as their own face towel after an MVP service to limit facial contact. Hours of operation will be Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. For more information, visit www.sportclips.com/MA118.
About Sport Clips Haircuts
Sport Clips Haircuts is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas. It was established in 1993 and began franchising in 1995. The sports-themed haircutting franchise, which specializes in haircuts for men and boys, offers online check in for clients, and ranks #17 in the Entrepreneur “Franchise 500” for 2021 and is listed in Franchise Direct’s 2021 “Top 100 Global Franchises”. There are more than 1,800 Sport Clips stores open in the U.S. and Canada. Sport Clips is the “Official Haircutter” of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises, and was named a 2019 Top Franchise for Veterans by Entrepreneur. Sport Clips provides “Haircuts with Heart” through its annual Help A Hero fundraiser that has contributed $8.7 million to the VFW; national partnership with St. Baldrick’s Foundation, the largest private funder of childhood cancer research grants; and other national and local philanthropic outreach. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of NASCAR’s Joe Gibbs Racing team; and partners with other NCAA and professional sports teams. To learn more about Sport Clips, visit sportclips.com.
About Bunker Hill Mall
Bunker Hill Mall is centrally located on Main Street in Charlestown, MA and is anchored by Whole Foods Market. Bunker Hill Mall also features Ace Hardware, CVS, Dunkin’, Citizens Bank and more. Adjacent to Bunker Hill Community College and the Orange Line subway station, the center has free parking available to all shoppers and is within easy access to I-93, Route 1 and the MBTA Orange Line. The center is easily accessible from Cambridge, Boston, and North of Boston.