Located just 30 miles south of Cape Cod, Nantucket has been named by National Geographic as one of the Top 10 islands in the world. And no wonder. A truly captivating destination, Nantucket features award-winning hotels, sophisticated shops, superb dining, breath-taking waterfront properties and beaches, and treasured historic and cultural attractions.
In Nantucket Town, guests can walk the cobblestone streets and step back in time. There are over 800 historic buildings, some dating back to the late 1600's. Over a dozen museums, including the Whaling Museum preserve Nantucket's past. An array of upscale boutiques, antique shops, art galleries, pubs and fine restaurants line the charming streets. During spring and summer, Nantucket boasts wine and film festivals, gallery openings, local theatre, antique and craft fairs, and concerts.
It is here that New England Development, through its company White Elephant Resorts, has created an unparalleled collection of premier properties, including The Wauwinet, White Elephant, White Elephant Village, Jared Coffin House, and The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin. Guests experience exceptional accommodations, luxurious spas and award-winning dining at Brant Point Grill at the White Elephant and TOPPER'S at The Wauwinet. In addition, the Nantucket Boat Basin, with 240 slips, caters to some of the world's most discerning travelers. Our collection of properties includes:
- White Elephant: An iconic Nantucket resort grown to include many different accommodation options, from the harborside hotel, garden cottages, residences, inn, and downtown lofts.
- The Wauwinet: Newly renovated and Nantucket's only member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association
- Jared Coffin House: An historic inn and former family mansion dating back to 1845, located in the heart of town
- The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin: Waterfront accommodations, some pet-friendly, just a block from historic downtown
- Nantucket Boat Basin: A 240-slip, full service marina located on a historic seaport
New England Development also owns 100 of the best retail locations found on Nantucket’s most popular shopping streets. Here, residents and visitors alike will find everything from Nantucket lightship baskets to fine linens, artwork to antiques, quality apparel to one-of-a-kind jewelry, dockside dining to Main Street bistros. Nestled among these fine shops, galleries and restaurants are more than 20 apartments and offices, also owned and managed by New England Development.
For residents looking for the perfect gift or a memorable dining experience, or visitors planning a weekend escape, romantic getaway, or an exciting outdoor adventure, Nantucket Island provides the perfect setting.