Nantucket Island. Beautiful shores. Cobblestone streets. Charming boutiques, galleries, and restaurants. For visitors, it offers a delightful vacation. For retailers, a dream come true.
NIR Retail, a New England Development company, leases 100 of Nantucket’s premier retail locations. We invite you to explore these exceptional retail opportunities in a unique and exclusive environment that can only be found on Nantucket Island.
Located off the coast of Massachusetts, Nantucket has welcomed generations of affluent visitors and residents. Its world-class shops, restaurants, hotels, and seaside beauty have made Nantucket one of the most popular resort destinations for upscale vacationers from around the globe. For many, the island’s events and celebrations are an annual mustsee. For retailers, April’s Daffodil Festival starts a busy nine-month selling season that culminates with the hugely popular Christmas Stroll—a year-end shopping spree.
New England Development’s portfolio includes 100 of the best retail locations found on Nantucket’s most popular shopping streets: Main, Centre, Federal, Salem, South Beach, and South Water Streets. Charming retail sites, surrounded by luxury yachts are also available on Old South Wharf and Straight Wharf. These premier locations provide retailers with an exceptional leasing opportunity in a unique and exclusive environment that can only be found on Nantucket Island.
By the numbers
- Nantucket has one of the nation’s highest per capita personal incomes.
- The island’s summer population swells to 60,000.
- Hundreds of thousands of ferry passengers travel annually to Nantucket and disembark steps away from these premier retail locations.
- Nantucket airport is the second busiest airport in Massachusetts, after Logan Airport
- Architectural Digest: The 5 Top Destinations for Art and Design Lovers in August, 2019
- Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards: The Best Islands in the U.S., 2018
- Travel + Leisure: Nantucket a Summer of Paradise for Families, 2018