Newburyport is a classic New England town center with more than 250 irresistible shops, galleries and restaurants. Historic Federalist and Georgian red brick buildings, waterfront walkways and salt air make this city a captivating destination for residents and visitors and an ideal location for the 9,000 people working downtown.
With more than 50 of the prime retail locations throughout the downtown area in our portfolio, New England Development is always looking for great retailers and new concepts to create one of the best shopping offerings in the region. Located 35 miles north of Boston, Newburyport is a desirable suburb served by the commuter rail line. The city’s 250-year history as a thriving seaport, sweeping ocean views from Waterfront Park, and dazzling historic mansions make Newburyport a premier hub for shopping and dining. A visionary urban renewal in the 1970’s turned this picturesque city into a popular attraction, drawing upscale, local and regional residents and world travelers as well as more than 1,100 businesses located downtown.
For retailers, Newburyport’s many festivals fill the city with consumers year-round, from the seasonal Art Walks and the summer Yankee Homecoming, to the annual shopping Invitation Nights in December and everything in between. We invite you to explore the exceptional retail opportunities in this vibrant locale that can only be Newburyport.
- Newburyport has more than 18,000 residents; the Average Household Income exceeds $143,000.
- More than 9,000 people work in downtown Newburyport at 1,100 businesses.
- The Newburyport trade area exceeds 1.2 million people.
- More than 500,000 visitors annually add to the strong, year-round customer base.
- Newburyport is home to some of the best beaches in Massachusetts which draw thousands of visitors annually.
- Numerous Newburyport marinas with more than 1,500 slips draw yachts and boaters from around the globe.
- Downtown Newburyport draws visitors year-round to its restaurants and shops.
- Massachusetts Audubon’s wildlife sanctuary, Joppa Flats Education Center, Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, and the Plum Island Estuary attract more than 500,000 visitors every year.
- Best Places to Retire in Massachusetts - #15, Niche.com, 2020
- Newburyport featured in TripSavvy.com as a beautiful coastal city to visit any time of the year, 2019
- Newburyport Marinas named Boater's Choice Marina, Marinas.com, 2017
- Best Places to Shop on Black Friday, msn.com, 2017
- 25 Best Places to Visit in Massachusetts, VacationIdea.com, 2017
Location and Access
- Close proximity and walking distance to office and residential space.
- Excellent local and regional access provided by Routes 1 and 1A, Interstates 95 & 495, and by swift commuter rail service to and from Boston.
- Boston Logan International Airport is located 35 miles and an estimated 48 minutes away.
- Manchester Regional Airport is located 50 miles north and an estimated 58 minutes away.
|2019||15 miles||20 miles||25 miles|
|Average Household Income||$123,920||$116,913||$115,486|